🎃 Halloween costumes can be both difficult to choose and rack up a hefty price. Here’s 12 costume ideas that won’t break the bank whilst also letting you ‘creep’ it real. 🎃
- The Wizard of Oz- Looking for a group costume idea? Look no further! Throw on some ruby shoes and dress up as characters from The Wizard of Oz! Ebay has some great costumes for Dorothy, The Scarecrow, a Cowardly Lion and The Wicked Witch of the West! (Just make sure not to spill any drinks on her). #SquadGhouls
- Orange is the New Black- Escape Litchfield and jump into halloween with a signature orange jumpsuit as worn on the show. With how popular this Netflix series is, you’re bound to be recognised. Male and Female options available. Criminal activity not advised.
- Censored Sims- Sul sul! Feeling crafty? This hilarious costume is one that’ll get everyone talking in Simlish. Tutorial here.
- Instagram- This costume is for all you digital savvy ones out there. You can find some cardboard and make it yourself for free by drawing on an Instagram screen and cutting out the middle as a frame for you and your friends to be in or can get it printed! Instructions here. Nothing like a bit of shameless self-promo, eh? Great for photos… for Instagram. Inception much?
- Mario & Luigi – Want a cool duo costume? Go with the classic Italian brothers and grab yourself those lucky boxes. If you have no friends and love Mario or Luigi anyway, you could go as one of the pair and hope to find your other half throughout the night! Get the costume for yourself or for a buddy here (moustache included thankfully).
- A Clown- After the release of IT and that terrifying clown outbreak a few years back, clowns are definitely in as a Halloween costume choice. Would you be laughed at? Maybe. Would everyone be terrified? Hopefully! You can find a cheap clown costume here.
- Where’s Wally – If you want to go out and blend in with the crowd making it difficult for your friends you find you, this is the costume for you. Buy the costume here or simply check your nearest costume shop or Primark for a stripy top and bobble hat.
- The Mother (or father) of Dragons – Come on. Who doesn’t love Game of Thrones? (If you answered “me” to that, please leave this article – Kidding!). Grab a Khaleesi costume here or grab a “Father of dragons” t-shirt here, spray your hair white and you’re good to go! Want a dragon companion? Force a friend to be it! You could even grab an avocado (I mean, dragon’s egg) and you’ll be running around shouting ‘Dracarys’ before you know it.
- Pumpkin- Although it may be a bit of a ‘squash’ getting through doors, you’ll be the talk of the patch with this costume! Just be careful, don’t let anyone turn you into a pie. Costume here.
- Skeleton – Can’t be bothered to find a costume or don’t want to pay for one? Get yourself some black and white face paint and watch some YouTube tutorials to turn your face into a scary skeleton!
- Old-person – A cheap but also fun costume. Crease up your face and fill the lines with black face paint and then spray your hair with temporary white hair dye (available at Poundland, Superdrug or Boots).
- Costume T-shirt- Can’t be bothered with a Halloween costume at all? Get a personalised T-shirt with the word “Costume” on it. You’re too cool for that stuff now. Also works for costume parties! Get your personalised t-shirt here.
- A dead (or sexy) version of anything- A dead Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry? Sure, go for it! A sexy zombie? Whatever rocks your boat!
And just remember, preparation is key! Get your Halloween stuff early otherwise it becomes stressful.
Doing something cool that’s not on the list? Let us know in the comments below!
Happy Halloween! 🎃👻